Water ingress through the shower area tiles can cause extensive damage to the household. This can occur as a result of broken tiles or incomplete grout. Changing or redeveloping is one of the most costly costs associated with leaky shower repair. Once completed, it gives your shower the appearance of a patch job. Clear Waterproofing Membrane, on the other hand, is a cost-effective and efficient way of fixing leaky showers without changing the appearance.
What Exactly Are Clear Waterproofing Membranes?
Redial Membranes or also known as Clear Waterproofing Membrane (CWM) is a two-part clear, hybrid water-based, aliphatic polyurethane waterproofing membrane/coating that cures to form a clear, tough, durable, flexible, trafficable, abrasion and scratch resistant waterproof membrane with a clear gloss finish. Remedial Membranes or Clear Waterproofing Solution is typically used in applications where the initial appearance of the material is preferred, such as tiled areas, and is constructed for sunlight exposure. The Clear Waterproofing Membrane can be applied to both new and old surfaces. Rip-outs, untidy renovations, and weeks of interruption are unnecessary. It is a waterproofing membrane system that unites almost everything.
The Highlights of Using Clear Waterproofing Membrane
- Because the membrane is clear, it has little effect on the surface.
- It is passable.
- It enables the job to be accomplished in a fraction of the time that it would take to rip up and restore the entire area.
- The cost is roughly 30% of the cost of ripping up and redoing.
- If the building moves beyond the ability of the membrane, it is simple to rebuild without any need to extract tiles.
- It is a genuine waterproofing membrane, not simply a clear sealer.
- It is suitable for use on tiles and pavers.
- Resistance to scratching and abrasion.
- Early hardness development is excellent.
- Excellent chemical and solvent resistance
- It dries clear with a high gloss.
- It can be used in direct sunlight.
- On request, it can be made slip-resistant.
- It solves waterproofing issues in tiled areas without the need to remove tiles.
- Most surfaces are well bonded (testing is highly recommended).
The Challenges Of Using Clear Waterproofing Membrane
- Trafficability: CWM is strong and durable, and it can endure general pedestrian traffic. However, It is not appropriate for vehicular traffic because the membrane is flexible, it can be destroyed by concentrated load, heavy weights, drastic denting, dragging items all over the surface, and general abuse.
- Staining: The membrane is clear and is most likely more vulnerable to showing stains than a colored sealant, the membrane should be protected from potential stains such as chemical compounds, coloring agents, leaves, certain wines, and so on. Spillages should be washed up right away with an appropriate detergent.
- Desire for a clear finish: Because a clear finish is desired, some traditional methods for preparing, priming, reinforcing, and sealing joints, gaps, and corners are ineffective, and their omission may cause a few applications inappropriate where motion in joints, edges, and fractures is excessive, massive, or beyond the potential of the membrane.
- Rising Damp: CWM is not intended to eliminate rising damp.
When it comes to preventing future water leaks, using the proper waterproofing technique is critical. You can have absolute trust in our iTileNT team if you have an issue that you can’t discern or a scope of the project trying to identify what remains to be improved. We will collaborate with you to examine the substrate, evaluate flashings and other structural components surrounding the slab, and then convey a waterproofing system that would secure your houses from any further water ingress.
All leaks are a serious problem. Feel free to contact our highly qualified iTileNT team and see just how we can save you time & expense as soon as possible so that you do not suffer further water ingress. In Darwin, Palmerston and Humpty Doo, you can depend on iTileNT to manage this for you. You can be assured that you will hire responsible people with years of proven experience in this area. Please contact us at +61 0400 729 303 and we will respond as soon as possible.